A Bunch of my cards now show as 0 and unobtained

I’ve been using this site for over a year and today I log in and see my % was higher in a lot of packs. Turns out it erased a bunch of my card collection. Makes me want to quit the game. There’s too mcuh for me to go through and readd

Were you using the site on one or multiple devices?

I only access the site on one device, my pc. I do use a vpn often

I’m not upset. I’m just sad

Your old data is probably still stored in your browser. You could try to run an older version of the site on your PC, export the data to CSV, and load it again on the main site.

Short description of what you need to do:

  1. On tcgpocketcollectiontracker.com, open “Developer panel > Storage > Local storage”, look for “tcg_collection_timestamp_v2” (not v3), and save it’s value.
  2. Clone the GitHub - marcelpanse/tcg-pocket-collection-tracker: Application to track your Pokemon Pocket collection and find others to trade with · GitHub repository on your PC
  3. Checkout a commit before the cache change, for example d873e02
  4. Run the frontend with “pnpm dev”
  5. Open the local version of the page
  6. Again look for the “tcg_collection_timestamp_v2” storage key, and modify it’s value to the one you saved in the step 1
  7. Check if your old collection is back
  8. If yes, use the site “export to CSV” option
  9. Load the CSV on the official tcg-pocket-collection-tracker.com

If you are not familiar with programming, then ask any LLM for help with steps 2-4, there might be some programming setup required on your computer.

Could you also share if the cards you are missing are ones you updated recently, or not touched for a long time? Your issue means that the site is not correctly synchronizing the local changes with the database, and I’m wondering if the current version of the site is still corrupting it or the bug has been resolved.

I appreciate the response. I’m not familiar with programming at all. I’ll make an attempt to go through this when I have the time this weekend

My 1-4 diamond cards appear to be intact. The issue solely effected my 1-3 star and 1-2 shiny rarities. About 98% of them all show 0 cards and unregistered

It could also be something went wrong in the migration. I’ll take a look at the database based on your email to see if I find anything.

The migration shouldn’t have touched amounts, so I’m 98% sure that it’s just the fact that we invalidated the cache. When a user uses only one device the frontend never double checks what’s actually in the DB and trusts whatever it stores locally. But I guess there are some DB backups you can check against?

Here’s some good news, the database contains all your cards: 3041 card_amounts rows / 15,639 copies. I’m trying to figure out what exactly is wrong and how to restore it.

Ok, found it. It happened that the query was adjusted that fetched the whole collection because of the ‘collected’ change we just implemented. The new query triggered a very strange postgres quirk that only happens sometimes (depending on the query plan it happened to choose) which resulted in a partial fetch of the collection. You’ll keep seeing that since it caches locally.

The query is fixed and the cache is forced again, so if you refresh the page you should see your complete collection again. Please verify and let me know if that fixed it :slight_smile:

Also, thank you for reporting it, there are probably multiple people that have this same issue!

It all looks good! Thank you so much for your help

1 Like